Sometimes users are blaming Notes for problems that isn’t really Notes’ fault. Here’s how I fixed a ten minute startup time, for both my client and the Designer.
Continue reading Is Notes Running or Starting Up Very Slowly? This Might Be the Solution
I thought I had done everything right when I cross certified my local Domino server with my IBM SmartCloud Domino server. But something was still not working!
Continue reading My Cross Certifying Problem on Domino
As an IBM Champion who is visiting a lot of IBM customers, I often get asked questions about challenges that the users have with some of the products. Very often I can give them the answer. But sometimes I have to go to IBM to ask the product managers for help. And other times I turn to the wonderful IBM Collaboration Solutions community. So, here are my challenges at for the customer I’m working with this week:
- When you save a file directly from Microsoft Office and up into Files in Connections, you can’t share this file with external users. When you try to share it afterwards, you get a strange error message. This means you have to save the file locally first, and then upload it to Files via the web GUI.
- When you are in the Windows Explorer plugin, and you drag a file locally from your computer and over to Files, you cannot choose to share the file externally if the Connections solution is running on prem. This actually works in the plugin if the plugin is connected to the cloud version of Connections
- While you can print a wiki page, you cannot print an entire wiki. Is there a way to do that?
- Why can’t you print a file from the Files web GUI? You can’t print it in preview mode either. I was expecting to be able to print a file when I opened it in IBM Docs, but no. I can only print it to PDF! Why?
- I’m not sure I understand the process of adding external users. My customer says that when they add an external user, this user hase to log on at least once before they can start adding this user to communities, or start sharing files with her Is this true?
Any help on these matters will be more than welcome.